We are committed to helping our customers achieve better outcomes
Founded in 1975 as Expandable Technologies, StyroChem® was one of the first manufacturers of EPS for food service applications. The business grew with the addition of two production facilities in Fort Worth, in 1979 and 1981 and manufacture of block and shape grade product lines.
In 1983 Expandable Technologies became Texstyrene. The company expanded further in 1984 when the Montreal facility came on line, providing capabilities to service the global market. Texstyrene was purchased by Scott Paper in 1988 and became Scott Polymers. A private holding company purchased Scott Polymers in 1996 to become what is know today as StyroChem®.
The consolidation of the Fort Worth facilities into one streamlined production site took place in 2007. This right sizing of manufacturing assets has created a company ideally situated with a competitive cost structure to meet today’s exacting market demands. StyroChem® expanded its capacity at the Montreal site in late 2008 to include a separate production line for block and shape grade EPS, capable of an additional 80 million pounds per year.
- StyroChem® is a world renowned producer of Expandable Polystyrene (EPS) for food service, packaging, construction, casting and specialty applications.
- Over 38 years of experience dedicated to manufacturing EPS for a variety of applications results in the most consistent and highest quality EPS products in the world.
- Our strategically located sites in Montreal, QC Canada and Fort Worth, TX USA, makes StyroChem® ideally positioned to service the North American and Global export EPS markets.
Facts & Numbers
- StyroChem® is a privately owned company.
- Our sales and customer service staff are available to answer your questions.
- StyroChem® produces EPS products for the widest range of applications in the industry.
A Favorable Mix
StyroChem® has found success making EPS products for a variety of industries, including foodservice, construction and casting.
Click here to read the full article